sure was cold last night. good thing we had trash to burn for warmth
I think the image of an ugly, specky white girl burning a fucking book she disagrees with really sums up third wave feminism neatly.
In a shocking twist that surprises absolutely no-one, the 4chan threat to leak Emma Watson nudes over the United Nations speech was completely made up! By an anti-4chan SJW PR firm, no less! Wait, so you mean to tell me that SJWs are just pulling shit out of their ass to seem like the victim? That’s
Stop calling ISIS the Islamic State.
You guys will go upon lengths and jump hoops to deny that the KKK are a Christian influenced group but won’t blink to say Muslim and terrorist in the same sentence.
The language you use matters.
The Islamic State (IS; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية ad-Dawlah l-ʾIslāmiyyah), previously calling itself the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL /ˈaɪsəl/) or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS /ˈaɪsɪs/; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام), and also known by the Arabic acronym Daʿesh (داعش),[a] is an unrecognized state and a Sunni jihadist group active in Iraq and Syria in the Middle East.
Also, that is some nice revisionist history you’ve got there, because the KKK had little to do with Christianity and included anti-Catholic rhetoric and was responsible for bombing a Baptist church.
Dig Out Your Soul
The summer sun, it blows my mind, is falling down on all that I’ve ever known
Time will kiss the world goodbye, falling down on all that I’ve ever known
Is all that I’ve ever known
A dying scream makes no sound, calling out to all that I’ve ever known
Here am I, lost and found, calling out to all
We live a dying dream
If you know what I mean
All that I’ve that I’ve known
It’s all that I’ve ever known
Catch the wheel that breaks the butterfly
I cried the rain that filled the ocean wide
I tried to talk to God but no avail
Calling Him in and out of nowhere
Said if You can’t save me, please don’t waste my time
Q:I hate how the black were treated by my ancestors and I can't help that. I am not a racist. I basically love everyone but animal abusers and terrorist. But I have been hit in the mouth with a beer bottle by a black man because I was asking him and another man to please quit fighting, and then again had one black man beat me with a belt , while 4 others attacked my boyfriend that at the time was having a diabetic seizure and was just asking for change for a outside machine to get some sugar .
Well this is going well.
"I’m not racist!!"
"A BLACK PERSON DID SOMETHING BAD TO ME AND NOW I NEED TO BRING UP EVERY OCCASION IN MY ENTIRE LIFE TIME WHERE A BLACK PERSON WAS BAD TO ME I FEEL THE NEED TO BRING THIS UP BECAUSE I’M NOT RACIST THIS PROVES I’M NOT RACIST BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE ARE MEAN" Yeah okay
Why the fuck are you even trying? Your anti-Blackness is gross and you’re gross, your ancestors are gross, everything about you is gross and you need to get out, you moldy fuck.
Self awareness level: 0.
I have major doubts about ISIS. It won’t be the first time the American government creates made-up “Middle Eastern terrorists” groups to distract people with the slaughter America is getting away with.
Am I the only one who feels this way?
IRAQ, Journalists decaptitated on camera rejoice as it turns out that their executioner was actually an elaborate hoax by the American government to cover up the shooting of Michael Brown. After realizing this, one journalist, Steven Sotloff, was quoted as saying, “Iraq is great! I lost eight pounds while I was there!”
Meanwhile, the Kurds gritted their teeth when they realized they had been tricked into climbing a mountain for absolutely no reason at all, before issuing a begrudging “You got me,” to President Obama and proceeding to freely practice their religion in public, after the widely spread misconception that Christianity and Shia was being persecuted was debunked.
I think Madoka and Homura were just friends. I don’t see any reason why they would be lesbian at their age, everyone besides Sayaka seems to be oblivious that males exist at the present time.
"I don’t see any reason why they would be lesbian at their age"
How stupid are you?
Please take a moment to remember those who lost their lives in the terrorist 9/11 attacks, and the soldiers and civilians who lost theirs in the subsequent war.
Don’t Call Yourself a Weeaboo
A Guide on the Word “Weeaboo”
Hello, you may be wondering why I have the text “If you’re not East Asian and call youself a weeaboo, don’t follow me” in my side bar. Here are a few quick disclaimers:
- I am well aware that many people do it, especially in anime-related and related fandoms.
- If you have ever called yourself a weeaboo at some point in time that does not mean that you can never follow me or that I will never follow you. I follow people now who do it or have done it in the past, which is part of why this page exists.
- I am Chinese, not Japanese. I cannot specifically speak about the pain that this causes me from a Japanese standpoint, but because many East Asian experiences with racism overlap, I am still affected by this.
Origins of the Word
The word weeaboo comes from a webcomic. It is literally a nonsense word. The word became popularized when people on 4chan were getting upset about being called “wapanese” (wannabe Japanese). The mods put in an auto-censor so the “weeaboo” would appear rather than “wapanese.”
Why Do People Call Themselves Weeaboos?
I have several explanations/theories.
- People use this to refer to their past selves when they come to realize that what they were doing was racist and harmful. This usage is okay as long as you realize that you may mess up in the future and are willing to correct that too!
- East Asian people use this word to joke about their experiences and joke about weeaboos. This is an okay usage as long as they are doing this for catharsis! If there are other issues about East Asian people doing this, it’s an inter-community discussion.
- People do not understand the origins of this word and mistakenly believe it means that they are into anime/manga rather than being connected to a fetishist viewpoint of Japan.
- People do not understand that anti-racists use this word to call out fetishists.
What is a Weeaboo?
A weeaboo is somebody who fetishizes Japanese culture, but it may not be limited to that. A weeaboo also may conflate multiple groups of Asian people, randomly start speaking Japanese at anyone that might look Japanese, put down non-Japanese Asian people for being the “wrong type of Asian,” and even promote imperialism because of their inaccurate viewpoint of Japan!
Why Non-East Asian People Should Not Call Themselves Weeaboos
- Weeaboo is a term that Japanese people and other East Asians use to describe those who do them harm due to fetishized viewpoints.
- It is a term that people use in solidarity with Japanese/East Asian people to recognize this specific harmful behavior. When you are against fetishization/racism/oppression, and you claim to be this word, you are stripping it of the meaning that we assign to classify people who are harmful to us.
- To be clear, you are not specifically appropriating Japanese by doing this, but you are undermining East Asian people who try to steer clear of harm. I have experienced a lot of cognitive dissonance about what I will encounter since creating this blog.
What Is Really Wrong with Being a Weeaboo?
- The amount of harm done varies, so I will speak from my own lived experience.
- I live in a 99% white area, but in a place with a lot of weeaboos. People will get unfriendly fast where I live and have grown up; if you are not their complacent Asian fantasy when you are around them.
- When my school had a Chinese teacher teach Mandarin, the children bullied her so ruthlessly that she quit halfway through the year. Some of the white kids were angry that the district did not bring in Japanese and showed it (though I doubt a Japanese teacher would have been treated any better). This environment was very alienating and made it hard for nonwhite (especially East Asian students) to speak up to all the white kids.
- Weeaboos’ fetishized viewpoints of Japan can be very misogynistic specifically and build up a fantasy idea of what Asian women are like, “submissive, docile, etc.” and cause them to sexualize people on basis of being Asian. This has caused a great deal of harm to my education personally for speaking out against injustice because I am expected to be docile, and I have developed retroactive ways of coping with attention I do not want pulled to my ethnicity.
- Weeaboos can influence people into thinking they are the “wrong kind of Asian” with a strange policing of someone’s Asianness that centers on whether or not they are Japanese.
- Weeaboos will thoughtlessly call people inappropriate and alienating things for wearing their traditional clothing because it is vaguely Asian and start fawning over it because they think it’s Just So Cool That You’re Asian. This may or may not wear off if you are a different type of Asian than Japanese. Either way it can be humiliating or uncomfortable.
- Weeaboos don’t understand how painful it is to be ostracized for not blending enough and trying to connect to your cultural roots and will act like it is the same thing when Japanese people speak up about appropriation.
- Weeaboos have also defended Japanese imperialism and neofascism, nationalism etc. without any idea of the context and get upset when people who have heritage connected to the countries hurt by this call them out.
If you read this list and thought that you would never do any of that, maybe it is time to stop calling yourself a weeaboo and evaluate your behavior. I am not insinuating that you are doing these things by listing them. I am saying that these are some of the things weeaboos do. Even if they are being less violently harmful than harrassing, they still buy into and perpetuate a larger culture of fetishization. These are the type of people that I, and other East Asians who speak about racism talk about when we refer to weeaboos.
If you are in anime/manga or related fandoms and this is the first you have heard weeaboo used in a negative manner regarding fetishism, I strongly suggest that you do some reading. If you want referrals, I am happy to provide them. Just ask me privately because I am not comfortable setting racist anons on blogs that already deal with enough vitriol.
Wow, I’m actually fucking blown off my feet by how fucking monumentally stupid this post is. I don’t even know where to start in explaining the various ways you’re fucking wrong. Let’s try from the top.
I am Chinese, not Japanese. I cannot specifically speak about the pain that this causes me from a Japanese standpoint, but because many East Asian experiences with racism overlap, I am still affected by this.
Right, so lemme get this straight. You, a Chinese person, whose culture has pretty much nothing to do with anime and manga (which is what most weeaboos latch onto), are affected by this. What? Weeaboo is a specific term for fetishizing Japanese culture, which last I checked excludes Chinese culture (ignoring for the moment that Chinese and Japanese culture are not homogenous).
people on 4chan were getting upset about being called “wapanese” (wannabe Japanese).
That’s not why it was filtered but go on.
It is literally a nonsense word.
And ergo has nothing to do with Japanese (or for that matter Eastasian cultures).
People do not understand the origins of this word
The irony here is palpable.
People do not understand that anti-racists use this word to call out fetishists
It’s not any sort of activists’ word. It’s used by people in a pejorative sense to make fun of stupid people who act like annoying twats about a foreign culture (in this case, Japan). See also: teaboo (British culture), Koreaboo (Korean culture), freeaboo (American culture; most notably this term refers to [native] Japanese people who fetishize American culture). It’s not an inherently anti-racist term, but an anti-acting like an embarrassing idiot term.
Weeaboo is a term that Japanese people and other East Asians use to describe those who do them harm due to fetishized viewpoints.
It’s a term used by Americans to describe Americans that flaunt their lack of knowledge about Japan to an annoying degree. It was coined on 4chan/a/, for fucks’ sake. It’s not used as a callout word beyond people acting like dumbasses; it can be USED as a word for anti-racism, but to claim the word is used exclusively by anti-racists and natives who feel threatened by someone speaking broken Japanese and wearing cat ears.
It is a term that people use in solidarity with Japanese/East Asian people to recognize this specific harmful behavior. When you are against fetishization/racism/oppression, and you claim to be this word, you are stripping it of the meaning that we assign to classify people who are harmful to us.
Protip: words don’t “belong” to any one group. Even if they did, they’d belong to the predominantly American male userbase 4chan uses. In addition, no native Japanese actually uses the word “weeaboo” to describe Japanophiles.
I have experienced a lot of cognitive dissonance about what I will encounter
"I don’t understand sarcasm and irony so I’m just going to blame everyone else."
maybe it is time to stop calling yourself a weeaboo
You do realize that claiming to be a weeaboo isn’t the same as being a weeaboo, right? Like, I can claim I’m “human trash” for liking anime and manga in jest, but that doesn’t actually make me the thing that I claim to be. Most (read: almost all) people that refer to themselves as weeaboo do so in jest.
So let’s recap:
-Weeaboo as a word is not used exclusively by people who are Japanese and claiming that using it in any way other than your agenda-based definition (to call out racists) is “racist” is asinine.
-The word doesn’t belong to you and the definition doesn’t change just because you said so.
-Most people use the word ironically and if you can’t tell that, that’s your problem.
I’m not even going to go into how a decent percentage of non-Japanese Eastasian and Southeastasians are weeaboos too.
Springing out from the world, atop an absurdly thin needle
Trying to find your balance at my fingertips, you touched me and I knew that I wasn’t alone.
With just the single bent wing we were given.
What do you want to do from when we are born until we die (until we die)? I asked.
With that smile, you looked just like an angel
In the heat of the summer, we escaped between the groups of (straining) burning buildings
We are falling, and in the end, we will pull the trigger.
After that, the winter will come. Snow will cover everything.
We may not be rewarded, but if we lose, we won’t gain anything
However, the place at the very end exists like us.
We cannot remain here, so we’ll attack.
What can we do from when we are born until we die (until we die)? I asked
Unable to answer me, you just smiled
At the end of the dream (at the very end) like flaming butterflies
A radiance that lasts mere moments will steal away the gloomy eyes of the world
We will steal them all away.
It seems I’ll live with you from when we are born until we die (until we die).
It seems like an indescribable myth
Summer in and summer out (tied together) we escaped into history and the spiraling crevices
We will fall into Hell, and in the end, we’ll pull the trigger
And with that, we’ll become dust
After that, the winter will come. Snow will cover everything.
After that, the winter will come. The snow will tell all.
sekai kara hajiki-dasarete tohou mo naku hosoi hari no ue ni ita
baransu wo toru yubi no saki ga kimi ni furete hitori janai to wakatta
bokura ni tada hitotsu ataerareteta yuganda hane de
umarete kara (shinu made) shinu made ni nani wo shitai? tte kiku
kimi wa maru de tenshi mitai ni sa warau kara
natsu no netsu ni (yugande) moeru biru no mure no sukima wo nuke
bokura wa ochiteku saigo ni hikigane wo hiite-yarou
sono ato wa fuyu ga kite yuki ga subete wo oou
mukuwarenai kamo shirenai ushinaeba urareru to mo omowanai
sore demo saihate no basho wa bokura ni mo hitoshiku sonzai-shiteru
koko ni itsudzukeru koto wa dekinai dakara semete
umarete kara (shinu made) shinu made nani ga dekiru? tte kiku
boku ni ima wa nanimo kotaezu ni warau dake
yume no owari (saigo ni) hi no tsuita chou no you ni
hitotoki dake kagayaki sekai wo kumotta me wo ubau
umarete kara (shinu made) shinu made kimi to ikite mitai yo
sore wa maru de shinwa mitai ni wa egakarenai
natsu to natsu wo (tsunaide) rekishi to rasen no sukima wo nuke
jigoku e ochiteku saigo ni hikigane wo hiite-yarou
sore de bokura mo chiri ni naru
sono ato wa fuyu ga kite yuki ga subete wo oou
sore kara mo fuyu ga kite yuki ga subete wo kataru