So, after all the night’s confusion and misinformation we want to give everyone the full explanation of the events surrounding 7-11-2014.
First, we did owe the hotel money, and that is nothing I can get around. It’s extremely common to owe a hotel money for an event at the door, and we made our prepayments beforehand. We have an extremely good track record when it comes to making the appropriate payments for the appropriate things, and doing so in a timely fashion.
We worked out a plan with the hotel to give them money slowly for the entire course of the weekend, which was more than 100% feasible for us. However, 12 hours later one of our admins was unexpectedly pulled into a meeting with higher-level hotel staff, at which point they were informed that convention management had to procure $20,000 by the end of the night. It was an extremely sudden change, especially since we had sent them a number of payments before and a considerable sum the night before.
We could not have been reasonably expected to prepare for the plan to change so suddenly. This sudden change put us in a place where we would not be allowed to open on the morning of 7/12, unless we had the full amount for them the night of 7/11. Unfortunately, the money we needed to pay that amount would not have been coming in until 7/12 in the form of walk-in attendees, as is customary for conventions. Saturday is always the biggest day.
While the hotel was aware of this, they still required the money to be provided by 10 PM CST. I know that many people believed this to be false, but this was largely due to a miscommunication within hotel staff.
The alternative to the route we perused was to allow the convention to be shut down. Below, is an official letter from the hotel proving that this money was indeed owed, and we had no other route to pursue.
Those who donated VIA paypal, we will be refunding you guys after the convention as soon as possible, starting with the largest amounts, and moving down from there. We can’t thank you enough for the quick response, and we really would have been closed down without the drastic measures which were taken.
The hotel it’s self was great and they worked with us extremely well, and they are looking forward to having everyone here this weekend!
Please please please do not give the hotel staff any crap, this change came down from the heavens above.
For those panels which were rearranged, they will be rescheduled to the best of our ability and will be happening tomorrow!
Looking forward to this weekend!
Okay, this is sketchy as fuck, for the following reasons:
- Why is your proof whited-out?
- Why would the founder of DashCon have signed this letter?
- Why does the letter start with re:; this implies the sender is replying to an email sent by DashCon that says “payment addendum”?
- Why is it dated the 12th when the demand was made on the 11th?
- Why is “the total amount owed” in the past tense?
- "All other terms of the contract remain the same" implies the contract has changed, which means both parties need to agree to it, so that makes no sense; if there was an alteration to the contract, there would be a contract attached to the letter
- There’s no receipt with this letter
- That doesn’t look like real hotel stationary
- What hotel takes PayPal as a method of payment, seriously?
- Most of the time conventions are arranged beforehand and money gets paid upfront, so shit like this doesn’t happen
- People are claiming the hotel kicked people out of their rooms, which would already have been paid for and therefore guests would have no reason to be kicked out
- The hotel has been contacted and was unaware of this occurring
You’re not getting refunded.
5604 Notes/ Hide
- famishedwinter reblogged this from postbusters
- famishedwinter likes this
- cuteshawdy likes this
- ohassertiveandagressiveone likes this
- thewisestarachnid reblogged this from postbusters and added:
- thewisestarachnid likes this
- reid-does-stuff reblogged this from kumagawa
- reid-does-stuff likes this
- myenchiladano likes this
- byechew reblogged this from postbusters
- reservemyrighttobeafraid likes this
- infected-girl likes this
- creep-on-my-wayward-enderman likes this
- creep-on-my-wayward-enderman reblogged this from dashcon
- m3m3dousuji likes this
- a-few-loose-thoughts reblogged this from postbusters
- arctic-house-keys likes this
- roosterteethah likes this
- itsjanellechick likes this
- azaldhre reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- cas-the-sassmaster reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- mewphantommew reblogged this from fuck-kirk and added:
- burdened-with-glorious-butt likes this
- sighlance likes this
- chihuahua-lamp reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- avengersaremyforte likes this
- avengersaremyforte reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- tothestarsandbeyondmylove reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- johnlock-biches likes this
- a-queendom-of-spoopy reblogged this from fuck-kirk
- a-queendom-of-spoopy likes this
- fuck-kirk reblogged this from dashcon and added:
- grunnyj reblogged this from dashcon
- flowerohangover reblogged this from dashcon
- n3rdyg0ggles likes this
- shesrlcocks reblogged this from dashcon
- madameruthy likes this
- undeadashes likes this
- mspaintandfriends likes this
- bobthezool likes this
- aph-spoopy-nerd likes this
- whywaffleswhenyouhavepancakes reblogged this from postbusters
- itreeksofsin likes this
- maleficentmisha reblogged this from dashcon
- matuciak reblogged this from dashcon
- iplaygamesandstuff likes this
- siuilarun likes this
- so-butterfly-sdmf-6387 likes this
- punk-is-not-dad likes this
- binkybunboy reblogged this from dashcon